Volunteer Opportunities --- Archive
For volunteer opportunities with the 1950s Museum click here.
For opportunities with the Society click here.
Beginning in October 2013, we are looking for several detail-oriented volunteers and interns to work on our IMLS Museums for America Collection Stewardship Grant.
Read the Collection and Data Entry Volunteer Job Descritpion
Read the Museum Collection Maintenance Volunteer/Intern Job Description .
Detailed explanation of Archive jobs
We are experiencing an increase in questions and donations to the to the archival collection.
Help we need for regular operation:
- Learning the collections so you can offer reference help
- Clipping news articles or copying from the Internet
- Photocopying articles, documents, maps on acid free paper
- Labeling articles and documents to be filed in the Park Forest File, etc.
- Photocopying will be done at St. Mary's. Labeling will probably be done at St. Mary's, and filing will be done mainly at the Park Forest Public Library. Some photocopies are filed at St. Mary's.
- Setting up a filing system for copies and originals to go into the archive.
- We have regained access to the archival collection. We need people to learn to process and handle the collection
- Word Processing of oral history transcripts to provide clean copies.
- Word Processing and editing of transcripts to go on
- "Park Forest: An Illinois Planned Community"
- Archival photograph scanning, labeling, digital copying
- Recording data about and taking photographs of architecture in the village
- Transcribing veterans' oral histories
- Recording oral histories of village residents, past and present
- Videotaping our programs
- Maintaining the room--cleaning, adjusting shelves, moving things.
- Assisting with programs and events
- Publicity and distributing museum and program fliers
- Talent in graphic design
- Website maintenance
- Public Speaking for civic, school and scout groups
- Fundraising experience--special events, bake sales,
- commemorative sales, raffles, auctions, etc.
- Emailing newsletters and meeting notices to our membership and mailing list
- Social networking--keeping our name out on the Web 2.0 sites
- Soliciting photographs, documents, phonebooks, etc. from past residents
There are volunteer opportunities to meet your talents and time availability!
Can you offer us any of these, or anything else? Contact us.
Detailed explanation of Archive Volunteer Jobs