Park Forest Public Library in the Park Forest House Museum
Park Forest's first real library was set up in a classroom of Forest Boulevard School. The school soon needed the classroom, and the library moved to the new Village Hall, first in a closet and then in a room of its own. It was an all volunteer library until a referendum passed in 1955 to build the first section of the Park Forest public Library at Lakewood and Orchard.
All images photographed and copyrighted by Jane Nicoll, 2008